September 24, 2019

Cosby Predictably Loses Fee Dispute

I was thinking about saving this one for the next "Never Have I Ever" column, because I have never handed a defense client a bill for $9 Million.  I actually share Bill Cosby's WTF moment over that, and I fully understand how he could be skeptical after the arbitration resulted in a write-down to a mere $7 Million.  But appeal an abitration award?  This is a monumental long shot, and is also why you don't commit to binding arbitration if you care about having any remedy for errors in the award.

What is most ironic is that the sum total of Bill Cosby's experience illustrates how black men still don't have "access to justice" in our nation's criminal courts, even when they are multi-millionaires (I am sure the ABA House of Delegates will get right on this).

On the bright side, one year down and only nine to go!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/bill-cosby-hit-with-dollar275m-legal-bill-after-losing-dispute/ar-AAHMODH?li=BBnbfcL

No comments:

Post a Comment