December 26, 2019

HAPPY GNU YEAR!

Happy gnu year everyone!  It's the end of the year and also the end of what I like to call the "Trump Decade."  I thought it might be interesting for us to compare what we were doing professionally at the beginning of 2010 with what we're doing at the beginning of 2020.  I'll start.

I was still an associate at a mega law firm as 2010 began.  However, at the time, I  knew that I was going to have to start looking.  My department had been hit hard by the "Great Recession" and there was very little work to go around for the associates.  I was just beginning my job search to try to leave the only law firm I'd ever known.  Ten years later, I'm a partner at a regional firm.  I tried being a partner at an AmLaw 100 firm, but it really wasn't for me.  At this point, I'm pretty happy to be the "IP and Data Privacy Guy" at my firm.

How about everyone else?


No comments:

Post a Comment