February 18, 2020

Dragged Down by the Stone

My favorite band is Pink Floyd.  The other day I was listening to Animals in the car.  I hadn't listened to this album in quite a while.  The song "Dogs" is a particularly strong Floyd song.  As I was listening, I was particularly struck by the last set of verses in the song and how they could be applied to BigLaw life.  Discuss.

Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Who was dragged down by the stone

No comments:

Post a Comment