February 12, 2020

So I just read my firm's Glassdoor review page...


And to my shock, it wasn't that bad! Translation: No one bitched about me.  At least not specifically.


There were a few snipes from support staff about the crappy parking situation (true) and the long hours but nothing that would be unusual for a law firm.

While still in detective mode, I decided to read reviews of other law firms where my friends work and whoa, there is a lot of juicy stuff on Glassdoor (allegedly written by lawyers, not support staff) like major sexual harassment, routine malpractice and flagrant violations of labor laws.

There are also lots of entertaining comments about managing partners: "he is wildly insecure and easy to manipulate" "she starts drinking at 10am" "he has a strong unpleasant odor."

 It's easy to figure out what reviews are secretly written by a firm's HR department-- to counteract any bad employee reviews-- because they're ridiculously positive.
Stuff like: "The only negative thing about this firm is there are too many great opportunities!" or "It is an honor and privilege to work with such great legal minds!"

/investigative journalism



No comments:

Post a Comment