November 24, 2020

Happy Tanks Gibbon

 We're finally drawing near the end of the Worst Year Ever.  I used to enjoy Thanksgiving when I was a kid (mainly because it meant that Christmas was around the corner), but I've grown to enjoy it much more as an adult.  This is partly because the Dallas Cowboys play ever Thanksgiving, but mainly because progressives absolutely HATE Thanksgiving.  It's got everything progressives hate, namely God and colonizers.  It makes me smile knowing how much some liberals hate having a holiday dedicated to giving thanks to a Supreme Being for everything we have.  

It's also easy to forget how good we have it, even in a year like this.  Even people who are considered poor in our society live at level that would shame royalty for the majority of the world's history.  Be thankful for that.

Also, for all the pearl clutching about Donald Trump being a fascist and refusing to eave office, our constitutional system was put together so that it would be very difficult for anyone to radically change the way our country works or to hold onto power after losing an election.  In the end, whether Trump wants to try to stay in power after losing or not, there's no realistic way he can do it.  Our constitutional system works, and it works better than that of just about any other country (I'm looking at you, Fifth French Republic).  Be thankful for that.

I'm thankful that I'm able to work from home, but I'm also cognizant that I can only do it because a lot of people still get out of their homes to do their jobs, regardless of the pandemic.  Be thankful for these people and don't be an asshole to them.

I'm also thankful for all of you, who give me an audience to rant about how terrible a person Steven Chung/Shannon Achimalbe is.  Have a great Tanks Gibbon and stay safe.  Give thanks to whatever God you believe in for all that we have.  If you don't believe in a God, give thanks to Joe Pesci.




No comments:

Post a Comment