October 11, 2021

My Firm's New Marketing Horror

 My firm has a small marketing & PR department, which is always trying to justify its existence by overhauling the firm website every three months, in addition to sending out daily press releases that never get picked up ("Our firm proudly supports -[insert name of charity where big client is on the board]- in their quest to end climate change.")

But lately they've been a bit too proactive on the social media front and last week--to everyone's horror-- they crossed that fine line. 
 
Our firm is now going to have an Instagram account.
 
But it gets worse! Not only will the account exist but ALL ASSOCIATES (that means me) will be "featured" on an individual post, stating why we love working at the firm and what we do in our "free time."  
 
Could it get any worse? Good God! What if I dont get ANY likes? Or what if I DO get likes from some unattractive Russian bots looking for a green card marriage?
 
My only comfort is that no one follows a law firm social media account but headhunters, so maybe I'll be safe...but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment