September 2, 2022

Pre-holiday news round-up: Lat discards gall bladder, Elie silent on student loans & review of Partner Track

 

                                                           

  In a shameless attempt to regain Twitter followers, Lat deviously had his gall bladder (whatever that is) removed today in a local hospital. He is fine and back home so we dont have to pray for him.

Meanwhile, I've been monitoring Elie's tweets regarding student loan forgiveness but he has been strangely silent. Hmmm. He sure wasn't silent in 2018:

"Some people might say it’s immoral to skip out on your debt obligations. I say it’s lunacy to wake up every day and go to a job you hate because of a bad financial decision you made in your early 20s or late-teens! 

Your life as a “deadbeat” will not be easy… but at least it’ll be YOUR life, not the bank’s. I’m Haitian, and in my saddest moments I liked to think: “My ancestors didn’t stab their way out of bondage just so I can pay Citibank their vig.”

 Finally, I'm watching "Partner Track on Netflix and its a total chick flick but manageable. i.e. everyone is super hot.  Though a bit misleading: Apparently at firms that specialize in M&A, you can bill for time spent organizing the firm talent show!


No comments:

Post a Comment