July 24, 2023

My Job is Safe from AI...For Now

 So my firm has quietly cancelled sending out a Policy on Uses of Artificial Intelligence they had promised clients, hoping everyone will forget we ever mentioned it.

It's not happening for the obvious reason: we have no idea how we'll use AI,  plus we cant afford it anyway
Besides, the only response we'd get from clients is "Does this mean your hourly rates will go down?" So we dont want to open that can of worms.

 As a Luddite-Millennial, this is fine since I need a job and cant compete with A1 who is never hungover, try as I may to get ChatGTP drunk.

Mercifully,  I  dont see how mid size firms will be able to afford AI --and still keep all firm & client information on their servers. 
 Apparently uploading all the contracts on our network created in the last 5 (10?) years and letting LawGpt study them--will cost millions. Plus we'll need someone to weed out the crap.
 
Not gonna happen anytime soon

No comments:

Post a Comment