March 31, 2020

A little piece of pandemic advice for my Commenteriat colleagues

Got a note from my doc with an interesting suggestion.  It seems he will be chatting with a lot of folks by phone & video over the next few weeks (and seeing some) but strongly suggested that during peak pandemic, we have several things on us.  Most of them were well known (NSAIDs, fluids, a thermometer), but the one I did not have here was a pulse oximeter.

He mentioned that if you are feeling short of breath, your blood oxygen level is likely to be the difference when talking to us by phone between telling you to go to the hospital right away (potentially unnecessarily) vs. stay home with continued monitoring, rest, fluids and NSAIDs.  I would strongly recommend to all of you that you acquire one in the next few days if you are in a center where things seem to be progressing quickly, in particular those of you with me in SoCal.  Godspeed and good luck to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment